CareMeridian’s small rehabilitation care facility (15-beds) in San Diego County (City of La Mesa) is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated social worker to join our dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary team (as an independent contractor).
Our facility is different from any one you’ve worked in. We offer the feel of working in a home setting, the flexibility of private practice, and the support of a committed team of therapists, nurses and care staff.
Our facility is small and built upon the idea that people rehab better in a nurturing, beautiful and home like setting. At our facility rooms are spacious and there are no more than two patients to a room.
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to deliver high-quality client care
- Experience in mental health or hospital social work
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with families/caregivers
- Must be a licensed Social worker OR hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work
Below is CareMeridian’s description of Services for the contracted Social Worker position:
Social Worker will provide services to residents that assess the psychosocial functioning of residents and families and intervene as necessary. Interventions may include connecting residents and families to necessary resources and supports in the community; providing psychotherapy, supportive counseling, or grief counseling; or helping a resident to expand and strengthen their network of social supports.
When the physician orders social services, the social worker’s responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Initial resident assessment, completed and documented within 14 days of admission. Update quarterly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Develop an individualized plan of care tailored to each resident’s needs upon admission to include long and short term goals. Update quarterly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Assessment and treatment of psychological, social, and environmental factors that may hinder the resident’s functioning.
- Address behavioral health needs of residents, such as depression or anxiety, in collaboration with other facility staff.
- Assist residents with coping issues, navigating relationships, and solving personal and family problems/issues.
- Provide counseling and psychosocial support, per physician order.
- Provide assistance with application for financial support and/or resource recommendations, when appropriate.
- Educate residents/caregivers and family members, based on needs assessment.
- Monitor and document resident’s progress and adjust/modify social services program accordingly.
- Collaborates with other staff members of the interdisciplinary team, as appropriate, for case management.
- Participate in the Interdisciplinary Team Conference, as appropriate, and report on resident status, goals and interventions.
- Participate in resident community reintegration and discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program, as appropriate.
Please submit your resume using the form below.