Do you have:
- The need for flexibility over your daily schedule.
- The desire to work independently yet still be part of a collaborative team of skilled professionals.
- Experience in providing assessments, continuum of care and patient support for neurologically impaired and medically-complex patients including TBI, SCI and stroke.
If yes, read on..
CareMeridian owns a small rehabilitation care facility in Los Angeles County (city of La Habra Heights) and we are looking for a SPEECH Therapist to independently contract for services.
Our facility is small (10 beds) and built upon the idea that people rehab better in a nurturing, beautiful and home like setting. Our dynamic team includes speech, physical and occupational therapists, an activities director, nurses, and CNAs. Our staff to patient ratio is 1:4. This means that you will be part of a care team that provides consistent care to patients and gives you assistance when you need it.
- Must be a licensed Speech Therapist with a valid California license
- Must have Professional Liability Insurance
- Must have a current CPR card
CareMeridian’s Description of Duties:
Speech-language pathologist will assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency.
When the physician orders speech therapy services, the therapist’s responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Initial resident assessment, completed and documented within 72 hours of admission. Update quarterly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Develop an individualized plan of care tailored to each resident’s needs upon admission to include long and short term goals. Update quarterly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Use written and oral tests, special instruments, diagnostic tests as well as administer hearing or speech/language evaluations to analyze, diagnose and record the nature and extent of any resident impairments in the following, but not limited to:
- Verbal communication-speech/language
- Auditory comprehension
- Visual comprehension
- Orientation to person, place and time
- Thought processes (problem solving, reasoning, intuition and/or perception)
- Swallowing irregularities
- Select appropriate treatment and intervention strategies for the following disorders, to include but not limited to:
- Receptive Aphasia
- Expressive Aphasia
- Recommend alternate nutrition based upon aspiration risk when swallowing and/or recommend diet level modification to reduce aspiration risk when swallowing.
- Design individualized augmentative communication system or prescribe a speech generating device/speaking valve (i.e. Passy-Muir) for ventilator and non ventilator dependent residents, when appropriate.
- Participation in the decannulation process, when indicated, for residents with a tracheostomy tube.
- Educate residents, family members and staff regarding impairments, disease processes, and compensatory strategies.
- Monitor and document resident’s progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Provide appropriate referrals for related services.
- Collaborates with other staff members of the interdisciplinary team, as appropriate, for case management.
- Participate in the Interdisciplinary Team Conference, as appropriate, and report on resident status, goals and interventions.
- Participate in resident community reintegration and discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program, as appropriate.
Please submit your resume using the form below.